Patterns & Strap Length Guide to Crossbody Bags
A crossbody is a versatile and convenient style of bag that overlaps the boundary of functionality for creating the right mood and emphasizing your style quotient. Their USP lies in the sleek design and adjustable strap height for catering to your comfort meter. Longer straps of crossbody bags allow positioning the same from one shoulder to the opposite hip. You can add the right finishing touch to your outfit with the perfect crossbody bag.
Choosing the right shade of crossbody bags can help you ooze out confidence at both casual and black-tie events. If you are planning to get a crossbody bag for accessorizing any apparel, then you need to opt for a shade that shall accentuate your look in the best manner possible. However, if you are thinking of getting a bag that can be matched with multiple outfits, then you can take your pick amongst neutral hues like blacks, browns, tans, greys, and the like. As a rule of thumb, crossbody bags in brighter shades look more enticing on being worn with darker color apparel. Contrast is the key when it comes to shopping for these beauties.
- Black crossbody bags can complement every possible color and style ranging from modest to glamorous.
- Navy blue works exceptionally well with fall colors like orange and reds or spring shades like green and yellow.
- Rose pink strikes the right balance between femininity and elegance and can induce an aura of innocence on being worn with casual clothes.
- Bright red is the perfect choice for ladies with a vibrant personality and looks gorgeous with summer shades of yellow, white, or green.
- The timeless shade of white can be worn with silver and black tones during the winter months. It beautifully complements shades of oranges and reds during summertime.
Different Styles of Crossbody Bags
Crossbody bags come either with a chain strap or one matching the material and color of the bag. Chain straps can add an extra zing to your appearance and is the perfect choice for fashionistas with a penchant for flashy styles. You can stick to a uniform strap if you like keeping things subtle and sophisticated. Both the styles are excellent choices but you need to take the end call depending on your personality and the occasion you are dressing up for.
Patterns of Crossbody Bags
Patterned cross-body bags can spice up your look on being worn with solid clothing and vice versa. You can also experiment with fabrics like shearling which can make your monochrome outfit stand out at day-to-night music festivals. The quilted pattern is the most popular style of crossbody bag which can add a vintage vibe to your look with antiqued gold or silver detailing.
Crossbody Bags Materials
- Leather is the most popular choice of crossbody bags which is preferred for its robust durability. The best thing about leather bags is that they age like fine wine and get more refined with time.
- Your choice for an inexpensive and lightweight material ends with cotton canvas crossbody bags which are perfect for casual events. They often come with a water-resistant coating and are pretty easy to maintain.
- Denim crossbody bags can create a stone-washed effect that is extremely popular among the younger generation.
- Straw is one of the oldest materials when it comes to bag manufacture. Crossbody bags made of straw can commonly be seen in young women on vacation.
Best Crossbody Bags to Buy Online
1. Prada Embellished Denim and Leather Cahier Small Crossbody Bag
Feel stylish and powerful at casual gatherings with this leather crossbody bag from Prada with adjustable straps and golden hardware detail.
2. Tory Burch Smooth Leather Miller Mini Crossbody Bag
Ooze out luxury with this black mini leather shoulder bag from Tory Burch having a magnetic snap flap closure and ample storage space for stylishly carrying all your essentials.
3. Bottega Veneta Chain Detail Foldover Crossbody Bag
Nothing speaks of premium feel much like this envelope pattern white Bottega Veneta crossbody bag crafted from calf leather featuring a single chain-link top handle in the gorgeous shade of golden.
4. Coach Women’s Prairie Satchel Adjustable Crossbody Bag
Strike the perfect blend of style and functionality with the Coach satchel crossbody bag having a signature cotton canvas outer and smooth leather inside making it the ideal choice for everyday use.
5. Michael Kors Greenwich Small Convertible Crossbody Bag
Nail a subtle yet sophisticated look with the Greenwich leather crossbody bag from Michael Kors in tempting hues featuring self logo detailing in the front.
6. Rebecca Minkoff Women’s Chevron Love Cross Body Bag
Make a style statement with this quilted pattern crossbody bag from Rebecca Minkoff crafted using plush cowhide leather and featuring a silver chain strap and front clasp detailing.
Size & Straps Length Guide
The strap length of crossbody bags falls under the 50-inch category allowing it to rest securely across your chest. This style is popular as it frees your hands and offers optimum comfort whether you are vacationing or commuting. No one wants to bring home a bag that will meddle with your freedom of movement. There is no one-size-fits-all approach and the strap length of your crossbody bag depends fully on your height. Ideally, the strap length needs to be till your hip region. If you are 5’2” or shorter, then the ideal drop length is 18”, women having a height between 5’2”-5’8” can adjust their crossbody bag strap to a drop length of 20” and ladies who are 5’8” or taller can find their best match in bags having drop length of 23.”
Strap width is another important consideration while choosing a crossbody bag. The bag can support heavier weight if it has a larger strap width. The contact area of the bag holds a directly proportional relationship with the strap width and this allows greater comfort and even distribution of weight. If you are suffering from shoulder sensitivities then you should stay away from narrow straps which cut into the shoulder. Crossbody bags having smaller dimensions are accompanied by slender straps whereas the larger ones have wider straps.
It is impossible to strike the wrong note with a crossbody bag serving as the perfect melting pot of fashion and functionality. As it lays flat against your body, you can move around in a hands-free fashion without constant fidgeting or worrying about the bag falling off. The presence of multiple hidden pockets helps in storing all your smaller essentials be it a mobile phone, car keys, or the latest lip shade you have received a lot of compliments for.