There was a time when we would resort to the good old sneakers for just about any activity be it running or hiking. But changing times have made it clear that a specialized shoe is there for every single kind of workout. Top shoe brands like Reebok, Puma, Adidas, etc are offering an extensive variety of athletic shoes that are specially crafted to minimize gaming injuries while enhancing your level of efficiency. They have a larger contact surface which can guarantee the highest level of comfort whether you have flat feet or high foot arches. Read on to know more about the different varieties of athletic shoes that can suit everyone from beginners to pro-level athletes.
1. Running Shoes: Get your feet ready to pound the pavement in these highly cushioned shoes which are uniquely designed to protect the heel and front of your foot from the sudden shock. You can invest in one to avoid tendinitis, stress fractures, shin splints, etc.
2. Minimalist Shoes: Nail the look of running barefoot with these light and flexible shoes which do not rank high on the cushion department.
3. Walking Shoes: This lightweight variety features extra shock absorption capabilities to reduce painful sensations in your heel post walking. Their slightly rounded sole smoothly shifts your body weight to the toes from your heels.
4. Tennis Shoes: Going by its nomenclature, this sports-approved shoe is a match made in heaven for making that rapid side-to-side movement in the tennis field.
5. Trail Running Shoes: Jog off-road with trail running shoes that can keep you safe on uneven surfaces by offering side-to-side and heel support. Their tread is heavier than the traditional running shoes and they have a greater capability of standing up to mud, dirt, rock, and water.
6. Basketball Sneakers: The stiff sole of basketball sneakers can help you run up and down the gaming court while offering a high level of stability. Its high-end variants can keep your ankle cushioned while changing your direction abruptly.
7. Soccer Cleats: These shoes feature spikes or studs affixed on the soles which can offer a greater level of traction on soft turf. They are form-fitting in nature and don’t cause any drag while you kick the ball.
8. Lacrosse Shoes: Run quickly across the lacrosse field with these shoes having high tops that can offer optimum ankle support and good grip as you make stop-start moves on the turf or grass.
9. Football Cleats: Their level of stiffness is comparatively greater than the lacrosse shoes and they come customized to suit your specific position on the football field.
10. Softball Cleats: These shoes are narrower and longer than peer athletic shoes and render adequate support to the toe arch for preventing pain.
11. Golf Shoes: Look like a country club girl while winning brownie points in your game of golf with this high stability footwear. Your chances of slipping get marginalized courtesy of the short cleats on its soles.
12. Hiking Shoes: Get ready for your upcoming hill trek with hiking boots that are specially designed to increase your grip and keep you protected from minor falls.
13. Cycling Shoes: Be it recreational or competitive cycling, you can transfer more energy to the pedal with the right pair of flexible cycling shoes.