Shoes for Thick Ankles and Calves to Hide Cankles
If you have fallen for a shoe design only to get disappointed by its final appearance when tried on, then you are not the only one. We often compromise wearing capri pants, dresses, and even bewitching pairs of shoes only because we don’t feel too confident about our calves and ankles. Though it’s difficult to alter how mother nature shaped us other than going under knives, we can surely make our cankles a lot less noticeable by choosing the right pair of flattering shoes for thick ankles. Nothing looks as sensational as a slender and whittled ankle perched atop a beautiful shoe. However, it can be a tricky task to find the right shoe for styling thick ankles while avoiding multiple footwear pitfalls like bulky shapes, unflattering straps, or ill-advised angles.
Best shoes for thick ankles and calves
1. Chunky Heeled Boot
Chunky-heeled shoes look best on people with thick ankles. You can entrust these shoes to balance your thick ankles and make them look thinner.
Most Popular Chunky Heel Boots for Women:
2. Pointed Toe Stiletto Heels Pumps
The large heels for cankles can serve as a viable replacement to stilettos or spikes for keeping you comfortable throughout the day. Another style of shoes that make your legs look thicker is the pointed-toe heels which can impart a slimming and elongating effect to your frame. However, for everyday wear, mid or low heels are a healthier option. The thin lines of the stiletto and kitten heels create contrast and can draw attention to your big calves. The pointed-toe ballet flats are a preferred choice of sandals for thick ankles and calves as they can elongate the foot and legs though there’s no height advantage.
Top Trending Pointed Toe Stiletto Heels for Women:
Wedges are the best shoes for cankles that can deliver the right degree of support and stability. The best thing about these flattering summer shoes for thick ankles is that they can be paired easily with flared jeans, skinny jeans, or shorts for that marvelous look.
Best Selling Wedges for Women:
4. Pointed Toe Knee High Boots
Pointed-toe knee-high boots are the best shoes for short thick legs and can offer the perfect blend of good looks and stellar support to every step you take. These shoes should rest over your kneecap and be in black hue as this shade can hide the fat ankles and swollen calves without revealing the bulges. Light-colored boots will reveal every tiny detail of your ankles and calves that you have been trying to hide. The pointy-toe ones are always a preferred choice over round ones as the latter can make your figure appear shorter. The best thing about wearing tall boots is that they look stylish and can be paired to perfection with skirts, jeans, long flowing dresses, short dresses, and even shorts.
Most Popular Pointed Toe Knee High Boots:
5. Flatform Sneakers
Flatform sneakers for thick ankles and calves with a chunky sole can visually balance out big calves. They are also extremely comfortable to wear since they lack an arch and can give you a height boost to elongate your frame.
Top Curated Flatform Sneaker for Women:
Tips to slim your calves and ankles
- Go for long pants which can camouflage your thick ankles. However, make sure to opt for a loose fit as tight ones will simply draw attention to your problem regions. You can wear dark-hued shorts in black or navy shades and of the right length so that you don’t reveal any ankle skin. These can be easily paired with heeled ankle strap shoes for thick ankles or booties for a chic look. It isn’t advised to wear capri pants or cropped pants as they render a stubby appearance by drawing focus to the largest region of your ankles and calves. Wide legs or bootcut jeans can also help hide the problem.
- It becomes difficult to find the right outfit if you have cankles. However, skirts and dresses can help you look both stylish and comfortable. Fit and flare dresses can distract the eyes from the problem regions of your body and make your legs look slimmer. It is important to ensure that your dress is either knee-length or higher as anything below the knee will emphasize the thick section of your calves thus imparting a frumpy appearance. Maxi dresses are also a preferred choice courtesy of their floor-grazing style as they will cover the problem area altogether.
- While dressing, you should try and draw attention to the top section of your body if you have cankles. This can be done by wearing darker garments below your waist and brighter colors at the top. Wearing stylish pieces of accessories like a statement necklace or scarves can also help distract the eyes from your cankles to make them less noticeable.
How to hide cankles in summer?
While delicate and thin straps can flatter a person having slim legs, they can emphasize cankles when worn by a person having big calves. During summer months, you can wear strappy heels having wider straps if you aren’t in the mood for closed pointed-toe heels.
What kind of shoes to wear if you have thick ankles?
You can wear slim jeans or leggings tucked into tall boots. Shoes with thin straps or lacing around the ankle should be avoided. A high-heeled wedge can elongate your foot to render a slimmer look.
A cankle is a condition where too much body fat accumulates in the ankle area resulting in swelling. While shopping for the best shoes for thick ankles you should avoid shoes with straps or buckles over your ankle as these can cause discomfort. Styles with a wraparound strap are a preferred choice of shoes to hide swollen ankles. Excess pressure levied on nerves by wearing ankle straps is infamous for causing inflammation and difficulty in walking. You can circumvent this by wearing synthetic or neoprene-lining shoes which fit snugly over your ankles so that you won’t have to wear them too loose or too tight. Hard or thick-soled shoes are also a strict no-no if you suffer from cankles. The soft sole is your best ally in such scenarios as it can take the pressure off your ankles and feet while offering ample support. Wearing open-toed shoes or sandals isn’t advisable as they will simply emphasize your thick legs.