How to Wear Sneakers with a Dress?
Pairing sneakers with dresses is the latest trend on the fashion radar that has already received the green signal of the style gurus and is here to stay. While we traditionally associated dresses with heels, wedges, or flats, or even different types of sneakers have evolved into the game changer of the footwear fashion scene. Ladies of all age groups love the trend and vibe brought about by this unique pairing which can be incorporated into several outfits. You simply can’t go wrong by flaunting your sporty side and sexiness simultaneously and today we will show you how.
- White Sneakers With Dresses
- Retro Sneakers With Dresses
- High-Top Sneakers With Dresses
- Dad Sneakers With Dresses
- Platform Sneakers With Dresses
- Slip-On Sneakers With Dresses
- Chunky Sneakers With Dresses
- Athletic Sneakers With Dresses
- Low Profile Sneakers With Dresses
1. White Sneakers With Dresses
This classic style will never go out of style, be it white leather, canvas, and luxury sneakers. You can get these sneakers either in high-end designer or everyday styles. While the canvas ones spell out summery casual, leather versions exude a sporty appeal and the luxury ones can elevate even the most basic dresses. You can style your favorite pair of white sneakers with the following choice of outfits.
- Shirt dress – Get ready for your morning casual street walks by pairing white sneakers with your shirt dress. While an all-white ensemble looks ethereal you can nail an ultra-casual style by wearing your chambray shirtdress with white trainers.
- Maxi dress – White sneakers look beautiful when worn with long gowns and other maxi styles. Whether you nurture a soft spot for floral prints or fun animal prints, the style choices are countless when you wish to wear white sneakers with maxi dresses.
- Midi dress – Be summer ready with a spaghetti-strap midi dress which works wonderfully when worn with a pair of chunky white sneakers. While a midi dress looks pretty, you can impart a fresh and bright feel with white shoes.
- Denim dress – A ripped overall dress worn with white kicks can serve as a good start for the upcoming weekend.
- Red dress – The combination of a dark red maxi dress styled with white trainers can get you vacation ready in no time. For a Friday work outfit, you can wear a red sleeveless dress with a pair of white kicks.
- Sweater dress – Cooler months call for cozy sweater dresses which look flattering on all body types. A pair of white sneakers serve as the perfect match for your sweater dress as you transition from day to night with the right choice of accessories.
- Silky slip dress – White sneakers can be a great way to complement your figure-flattering silky slip dress be it for a casual workday or other special occasions like a road trip, date night, etc.
- White Baby doll dress – This 90s fashion trend is back with a bang and ladies can be seen gravitating towards these short dresses that transcend style genres. Whether you wish to look feminine, mod-retro, or boho-chic, everything is possible with this combination which has already won hearts at red-carpet events thanks to A-listers like Miley Cyrus, Emma Roberts, and Taylor Swift.
- Bodycon dress – Have fun all day long sans the foot ache with comfortable white sneakers which are versatile enough for being styled with a bodycon dress for a casual yet sophisticated look.
- Knit dress – It’s hard to go wrong with white sneakers and a knit dress as the choice of footwear can enhance the cool quotient of your outfit.
2. Retro Sneakers With Dresses
If you nurture a soft spot for everything vintage then you need to incorporate retro sneakers into your footwear arsenal. For maximizing, the look, get a dress in bright hues and with fun prints. Read on to know about some dress combinations they look best with:
- Sweatshirt dress – Complete your simple and chic business casual outfit with a sweatshirt dress having a lace-up neckline design and black retro sneakers.
- Sweater dress – If you aren’t into wearing boots during winter, then retro sneakers can keep your feet snug and warm as you wear them with sweater dresses.
- Button-down printed midi and maxi dress – Make a statement by wearing your everyday button-down dress with a pair of retro kicks
- Denim Dress – Make your denim dress look super stylish by wearing it with a pair of retro sneakers.
3. High-Top Sneakers With Dresses
For an edgy take on the sneaker-and-dress combo, you can wear your high-top sneakers. This look is best for ladies who wish to add some tomboyish charm to their everyday outfits. It is advisable to stick to dresses whose hemline falls either above or below the calf so that the high-top sneakers don’t make your legs look shortened. For turning heads wherever you go, get high-top sneakers in vibrant hues for a fun look.
- Midi and Maxi dress with a side or front slit – It’s impossible to go wrong with a midi or maxi dress having a sexy slit that can flaunt your shapely legs and high-tops to perfection.
- Skater dress – The combination of skater-style dresses and high-top sneakers is extremely classic. While the full skirt brings your slender waistline into focus, sneakers render an urban twist to your outfit.
- Little black dress – You can sport this wardrobe essential to a variety of occasions and the same goes for high-top trainers. Getting patterned sneakers can take your style game to a whole new level.
- Loose dress – These kinds of dresses are perfect for staying comfortable during summer and with high-top sneakers you will be ready to take on your daily chores in no time.
- Slip dress – It’s impossible to ignore the combination of sneakers and a slip dress. While slip dresses can help you embody the 90s grunge without opting for a darker aesthetic, adding a high top makes you look perfect for day-to-day style.
- Sweatshirt dress – Sweatshirt dresses are versatile pieces that can put your layering game on point. For a cohesive look, you can pair a beige knitted dress with animal print high-top sneakers.
- Ruffle dress – Tiered dresses are another popular spring/summer wardrobe staple. The best thing about these floaty dresses is that they look excellent being worn with low-key high tops.
- Chic shirt dress – If you like minimalist styles, then you can try out this silhouette which works well with color-matched high-top sneakers.
4. Dad Sneakers With Dresses
You can style dad sneakers with everything ranging from the fanciest of dresses to basic joggers. It isn’t uncommon to see social media influencers sporting this footwear trend over the last couple of years. You can also try out these boring-meets-running-retro-sneakers with the below-mentioned dresses:
- Bodycon dress – It’s hard to go wrong with the combination of bodycon dresses and dad sneakers. You can exude a fun and playful vibe with this combination which can get you summer-ready in no time.
- Sporty, knit dress – Get ready for the upcoming winter months in cozy knit dresses and complete your look with dad sneakers which can help you slay in style.
- Silky slip dress – Create an illusion of added height by pairing your silky slip dress with the dad sneakers which serve as a modern take on ‘the tennis shoes with a dress look.’
- Shirt dress – The pairing of shirt dresses with dad sneakers is extremely trendy in the fashion arena as it can be pulled off with ease.
- Floral midi dress – Though this combination sounds a bit eccentric, the final result is bound to blow your mind. This effortless look can keep you basking in comfort while you turn heads at every event.
5. Platform Sneakers With Dresses
If you are planning on adding some extra height without sacrificing comfort, then platform sneakers can serve as your perfect choice. But for best results, you need to keep the remaining of your outfit simple, like the dress options we have mentioned below:
- Floral Slip dress – Platform sneakers are an effortlessly stylish pair of footwear that can elevate your style statement as you wear it with a floral slip dress.
- Skater dress – Sneakers are a preferred choice for being worn with your skater dress as you get ready for a casual event. Though you can get them in a plethora of hues, the white ones render the best result and help you radiate a cool-girl vibe.
- Sweatshirt dress – You are bound to look chic as you pair a slouchy sweatshirt dress with your favorite platforms. The combination of platform sneakers and an oversized hoodie dress can get you ready for a casual weekend date.
- Sporty dress – The sporty-chic style is not just for working out but also looks sophisticated enough for being sported during public activities. And a pair of platform trainers can complete your sporty look in a true-blue way.
6. Slip-On Sneakers With Dresses
Slip-on sneakers are the way to go for ladies who often struggle with what sneakers to pair with dresses. Since these sneakers are less casual than their regular lace-up peers, these can resemble the look of sporty loafers with the right dresses like the ones mentioned below:
- Shift dress – Slip-on sneakers can complement all dress styles and shift dresses are not an exception to this. Short shifts with slip-ons are a dynamic combination that can help you transition from day to night.
- Sweater dress – Spice up your look with a sweater dress having a side slit that draws eyes vertically and creates straight lines. It just works wonders with sneakers that can help you look slimmer and taller without trying too hard.
- Sundress – Sundresses and slip-on sneakers are the ultimate streetwear pair that can come to your rescue for an effortless summer look.
- Shirt dress– These work effortlessly when paired with slip-on sneakers to render a sporty twist to your look.
- Sweatshirt dress – If you wish to look both cute and girly, then you can wear a sweatshirt dress with contrasting leggings and wrap up the look with slip-on sneakers.
7. Chunky Sneakers With Dresses
If you have a thing for daring style, then you need to buy a pair of chunky sneakers which have taken the footwear world by storm. The chunky sneakers have graced the feet of Lady Diana to the Hadid sisters more recently. With the right inspiration like the dresses mentioned below, you can try on a pair of chunky sneakers.
- Leopard print dresses – Strike the perfect balance between feminine outfits and these ‘ugly’ sneakers with a leopard print dress that oozes out the sexiness.
- Sweatshirt dresses – If you are too lazy to style a proper fall outfit, a sweatshirt dress can have your back once you put on your chunky trainers and radiate an effortlessly chic aura.
- Shirt dresses – A shirtdress can help you transition easily from warm-to-fall weather as you wear it with chunky sneakers. You can get it in a vibrant hue and the colorful ensemble will become your go-to look for an outdoor lunch.
- Flirty sundresses – If you are starting with the platform sneaker trend, then you can’t go wrong with flirty sundresses. Dress neat and showcase your chunky sneakers as a statement piece.
- Skater dresses – For a failproof look, team up your chunky sneakers with a skater dress in similar hues to look more united as a whole.
- Bodycon dress – For a more contemporary style, you can wear chunky sneakers with a bodycon dress that can flaunt your curves to perfection.
- Sweater dress – Sweater dresses offer the perfect harmony between sporty looks and high-street fashion making them a must-have in every lady’s wardrobe.
8. Athletic Sneakers With Dresses
Athletic sneakers are the best buddies for your feet especially if you are looking for added support without compromising on style. You can wear it with the following dresses:
- Any sporty dress – Just as the name suggests, these dresses are comfortable to move around and render a graceful silhouette as you wear them with athletic sneakers.
- T-shirt dresses – The versatile t-shirt dresses are a style staple for your wardrobe and pairing them with athletic sneakers can get you ready to take on the day whether you plan to dress up or down.
- Knit dresses – Wintertime calls for chic looks and knit dresses are a failsafe way to attain the same especially when worn with athletic trainers.
- Sweatshirt dresses – Style your favorite pair of athletic sneakers with a laidback sweatshirt dress and put your slender waist under the spotlight with a statement waist belt.
- Midi dresses – Athletic sneakers are a comfortable choice of footwear for being worn with your midi dresses during spring, fall, summer, or winter months.
- Skater dresses – Look playful and flirtatious in skater dresses that suit almost every occasion as you complete your look with athletic trainers.
9. Low Profile Sneakers With Dresses
The minimal aesthetic of these dresses makes them a match made in heaven for being worn with dresses. The sleek silhouette of these shoes can help you nail a subtler look as you style them in the following ways:
- Tighter, less voluminous dresses – This is a preferred choice of women over 40 who want to look graceful without coming off as trying too hard.
- Work dresses – If you want to look sharp at work, then the perfect pair of low-profile sneakers can help you nail a refined style.
- Bodycon dress – Low profile sneakers can be a cute and casual way of styling your favorite bodycon dresses be it for summer months or with a denim jacket once the mercury shoots down.
- Little black dress – Sneakers have been trending forever and you can impart an edgy twist to your LBD look by styling it with low-profile trainers.
- Shirt dress – The relaxed and comfortable fit of shirt dresses has made them a versatile wardrobe staple especially for a casual summer vibe as you wear them with low-profile sneakers.
Tips for wearing sneakers with a dress:
- A pair of white sneakers can be the best investment as they can be paired with a patterned, striped, or solid-colored dress. Since they are equivalent to your modest black heels, you need to have them in your footwear arsenal.
- Stick to a neutral-colored dress if you are wearing colorful sneakers. It is recommended to wear pink sneakers with a plain white dress.
- The hemline won’t be a big problem as you pair dresses with sneakers. You can easily choose between long, short, and mid-length dresses.
- If you are wearing low-cut socks, match them with the shade of your shoes or get them in neutral hues. This will make your legs appear longer.
- It is also important to be cautious of the occasion as while most occasions will allow pairing the two together, it might not be optimal on all events.
Irrespective of your style, there is bound to be a sneaker that will work for you with the types of dresses you choose to wear. From slip-on sneakers to athletic and chunky styles, there is no lack of cute footwear options to wear with dresses. You can get them from top brands like Addidas, Nike, Veja, New Balance, Reebok, Golden Goose, and more. Sneakers stand out from other footwear options with their sheer versatility and a high degree of breathability making them the most comfortable option. But for best results, you need to get a pair that blends in with your current wardrobe and keep them sparkling clean at all times for a polished look.